RAV4 performs against Honda CR-V, Subaru Forester, Nissan Rogue and Jeep Cherokee
New for 2019
For more than two decades, RAV4 has delighted buyers as a strong, capable compact SUV in a world of grocery-getters. Ever since it first rolled off the assembly line as Toyota’s first crossover SUV, it has made giant leaps in standard equipment, safety and convenience, and it’s now one of the most popular all-arounders in today’s auto market. RAV4 truly stands out – even in its wildly competitive crossover SUV segment – and it provides a perfect opportunity to those ready to make the leap from the everyday sedan.
At a Glance
Radically updated for the 2019 model year, the new fifth-generation RAV4 makes no compromises.
RAV4 is the latest vehicle in the Toyota lineup to be built on the advanced TNGA platform. Thanks to these new underpinnings, RAV4’s unibody chassis is 57% more rigid than the outgoing model it replaces, all while delivering better handling, elevated ride comfort and a quieter cabin ride.
Bundle of Safety
The compact crossover also adds TSS 2.03, the latest iteration of Toyota Safety Sense™, to its list of standard safety equipment. TSS 2.0 includes all of the active safety systems found in the previous TSS-P suite and adds Lane Tracing Assist (LTA)4, Road Sign Assist (RSA)5 and Full-Speed Range Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (DRCC).
- Front and rear exterior LED lighting
- Available 19-in. alloy wheels
- Up to 8.6-in. ground clearance
- Available two-tone exterior color with black roof
- Available 8-in. touch-screen display
- Entune™ 3.01 Audio with up to 11 speakers
- Available digital rearview mirror with HomeLink®51 universal transceiver
- Apple CarPlay®2 and Toyota+Alexa50 compatibility
- 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine with up to 219 hp
- Available Multi-terrain Select (AWD only)
- Up to 3,500 lbs. maximum towing capacity27
- Available Dynamic Torque Vectoring All-Wheel Drive with Rear Driveline Disconnect
- Toyota Safety Sense™ 2.0 (TSS 2.0)3
- 8 airbags35
- Electric Parking Brake7
- Available Intelligent Clearance Sonar (ICS)8 with Rear Cross-Traffic Braking (RCTB)9
The Bottom Line
The transformed 2019 RAV4 confirms what it means to be a crossover. Its aggressive new appearance matches the confidence drivers will feel behind the wheel. This robust and sophisticated design is rugged yet refined, appealing to those seeking adventure while still enjoying comfort. There’s a reason RAV4 is the best-selling SUV in America – and all it takes is getting behind the wheel to find out why.
Hendrick Toyota North Charleston set out to see just how the all-new RAV4 performs against a quartet of top competitor vehicles: Honda CR-V, Subaru Forester, Nissan Rogue and Jeep Cherokee. Learn how RAV4’s incredible list of features helps it stand out in an ever-growing segment.